- Solid white lines: as solid as a lick of white pain. They will not protect you from incoming vehicles.
- Central reservation: not reservable.
- Traffic lights: to be obeyed whether there’s traffic or not.
- Zebra crossing: do I even need to say it?
- U-turn: not an instruction.
- Speed restriction signs:
can you spot the similarities?
Still, the speed limit sign does not indicate what your target speed should be (unless you’re in a hurry) but your maximum allowance. So don’t worry if, entering a 60 mph road from a 40 mph zone, it takes you a few second to reach speed.