- Move away from fragile items.
- Stick to the original topic. If your started off about dirty laundry and, after a while, you find yourselves arguing over money, unless you’ve mentioned a launderette along the way, you’ve gone off topic.
- Mentioning in-laws, each other’s friends or pets grants an instant penalty shoot to the adversary.
- An argument is not a memory game about past arguments.
- Not all problems are his/her fault. Donald Trump, quite likely, isn’t.
- Not all problems have a solution and not all people with a problem want a solution (sympathy and cuddles are sometimes preferred)
- Make peace before the end of the day. Not only will this keep you safer while you’re sleeping, but it allows you to start a fresh new argument in the morning.
- Healthy arguing is a skill that needs practice. Start practicing while dating.