Hi! I didn’t think you would be interested in what I do, like and… mess up, but two very sweet bloggers, Cheila from Pink For Days and Mrs S LDN nominated me for these awards, so I owe it to them to write this post (thank you girls! I’m chaffed that you’ve chosen little me!) and I hope you’re not bored reading it. Don’t worry, there won’t be any more awards after this.
Liebster award (nominated by Cheila, Pink for Days , thank you! )
- What show are you binge-watching right now?
Ah, now you can see how nerdy I am! I’m watching Galapagos http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l675t, cuddled up with one of my daughters. Pure bliss! (The cuddles that is, not the knowledge that the presenter, Liz Bonnin, is older than me but much hotter)
- What are you reading?
Very British Problems, by Rob Temple. Very funny. And How to be a grown up, by Daisy Buchanan. You’d think I should know by now…
- What do you usually go for if you’re cooking just for yourself?
It never happens that I cook for myself. If I’m alone at home, I shout ‘Yippee!’, stick a sachet of porridge in the microwave and put my feet up to read a book.
- What’s your favourite eye and hair colour?
I think that eye and hair colour don’t make anyone more or less beautiful ( listen well, daughters of mine!)
- What sports did you practice in high school?
Running with my ridiculous curls bouncing up and down (I’m sure they slowed me down!) during PE lessons. But mostly, I did boys-watching.
- How many hours a day do you spend on the internet?
Uhm, this question is too sensitive. Family members could be watching…
- Do you choose your outfit in the day before or in the morning?
Thirty seconds before I leave home. And it’s usually whatever I was wearing the day before.
- Can you play any instrument?
Guitar and piano, but only just enough to have a little fun.
- Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?
Cold weather! That’s why I like living in the UK.
- What is your favourite fruit?
The Citron. It’s a huge lemon with extra thick rind, which Sicilians eat in thin slices, sprinkled with salt.
- Can you swim? How old were you when you learned?
I love swimming. As a child, every summer I would learn how to swim and then forget it over the winter, so I had to learn all over again the following summer! But I think I’ve got it now.
One Lovely Blog Award (nominated by Mrs S LDN, thank you!)
7 Facts about me:
- I once worked as a voice artist or toys. There must be some Italian households where I’m still teaching children that “E” is for “Elefante” through a toy computer.
- I arrived to the UK with so little English that I couldn’t even read Harry Potter. Now I’m a writer (pursue, persevere, persist – #mamapeptalkingtoomuch )
- I hate all chocolate except white
- I dislike coffee and wine (I hope that’s not grounds for having one’s Italian passport revoked)
- I used to eat limpets straight off the rocks. Alive.
- And sea urchins (but there were plenty in the sea back then).
- When I grow up some more, I’d like to become Queen. It doesn’t look like age could be an issue. If I can’t be Queen, then writer will do.
These are the blogs I nominate for either or both awards (at their choice):
- Tanglewood Knots by Tami – great craft and useful blogging advice. Plus Tami is a lovely person
- The Cobweborium Emporium, by Mrs Cobs – clever, crafty and very funny
- Just Another Single Girl in London by Giulia – insightful and honest
- The Travelling Diary of a Dippy Dotty Girl, by Dippy Dotty Girl – among her latest posts, I love the Diary of a Dandy Traveller.
- Jovina Cooks, by Jovina – great food, useful advice, no frills. Did you know what’s in season in May?
- Strictly lighthearted by Muna – amusing and, well… lighthearted.
- Ipuna Black, by Ipuna Black – inspirational, kind, supportive, generally a nice place.
- Oran Doyle, by Oran Doyle – writer and stay-at-home dad’s blog. Obviously, a well written blog. And funny.
- Riddle from the Middle, by Laura – serious but also funny
- Leadership to Mummyship, by Sharon – one of my latest discoveries
- A dash of Jhaee by Janet – another one of my latest discoveries
- Joeyfullystated by Joey – great writing, very funny
- All in a Dad’s work, by Eric (Stomperdad) – you’ve already got one Liebster award, but you can do the One Lovely Blog Award
- Mummy Rules, by Tilly – funny and useful parenting blog
- Welcome to the nursery, by Katherine, my newest online friend
If you choose the Liebster award:
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know that you have nominated them
These are my questions:
- What’s the worst bit of advice anyone has ever given you?
- What’s your favourite food/dish ever?
- Tell us about a time when you found yourself in a pickle
- Tell us something funny your child said or you said when you were a child.
- What’s your favourite colour and why?
- What are you reading now? (comics, food packets, toilet roll patterns, anything counts)
- If you were a dog, what would you be?
- If you could be a fairy tale character, which would you choose?
- If you could ask advice from an all-knowing and all-wise person, what would you ask? (lottery numbers excluded)
I should have asked eleven questions but I’m a rebel so I’m stopping here to assert my freedom (actually, I’ve run out of ideas).
If you choose the One Lovely Blogger Award:
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in post
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image
- Must add 7 facts about them
- Must nominate 15 people
Have fun and thank you for reading!
The Sicilian Mama